Large Hedge Fund (HF) managing over $2 billion with a Value-Oriented Event-Driven Opportunistic Credit and Equity Fund trading credit, equities, CDS, treasuries, swaps, futures, options, FX and bank loans.
HF developed much of their technology infrastructure in-house and used several big-name vendors to facilitate the remaining workflow. HF’s major expense was a standalone accounting system that did not incorporate an OMS or EMS. Because of this, HF was forced to place most orders over the phone or via chat and would manually enter trades into their back-office system. HF had plans to grow their AUM substantially and needed a scalable system with an automated workflow to help facilitate that growth. The manual processes and expensive systems no longer met their needs.
HF approached Enfusion with the original idea to integrate Enfusion’s OMS with their current accounting system. However, after learning more about Enfusion, HF decided the seamless all-in-one platform was more suited to their immediate and future needs. In addition to OMS and Accounting, Enfusion provided –
- Substantial Savings
- Enfusion’s single data set and complete front-to-back functionality, provided substantial savings for HF as they only needed one system.
- Automated Workflows
- Enfusion’s accounting functionality allowed HF to run reports directly from the system instead of relying on Excel exports.
- Given HF’s complex trading profile, Enfusion’s corporate action tool automated and streamlined even the most intricate processes.
- Customizable columns gave HF the flexibility to return preferred values of their choice for various instrument types.
- Enfusion’s FIX connectivity allowed HF to trade directly with their brokers.
- Built-in pre-and-post trade compliance facilitated HF’s need for advanced monitoring.
Visit www.enfusionsystems.com for more information.
May 20, 2020
Institutional Manager boosts portfolio agility and implements seamless trade executionLong Time Taken to Implement Trade Ideas The amount of time it took the manager to implement and construct their… Read More
May 20, 2020
Multi-strategy and multi-geography Asset Manager scales and automates with consistencyIn late 2018, Evince began evaluating partners for order management, execution management, accounting and portfolio management. Evince was particularly interested… Read More
April 27, 2020